- 60% Grenache
- 24% Shiraz
- 16% Mourvèdre
- 100% McLaren Vale
- pH: 3.63
- TA: 6.0 g/L
- Alc: 14.4%
2013 Red Knot McLaren Vale Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
Magenta in colour. The heady perfume of heritage roses leaps from the glass, followed by nuances of lemon rind, freshly turned earth and spice. A bright compote of summer fruits shines on the lively, medium weight palate. The luscious Grenache is complemented and structurally enhanced by the darker berry flavours and ripe tannins of the Shiraz and Mourvèdre, offering immediate appeal. Glorious in its youth, with age the wine will develop an attractive, savoury complexity.
Winemaker’s Note – serve lightly chilled in the heat of summer.
- Gold medal - 2014 Perth Royal Wine Show, class 70
- Silver medal - 2014 NZ International Wine Show, class 24
- Silver medal - 2014 International Wine Challenge, Vienna
- Silver medal - 2014 China Wine & Spirits Awards, Best Value
- Bronze medal - 2014 International Wine Challenge, UK