- 57% Grenache
- 30% Shiraz
- 13% Mourvèdre
- 100% McLaren Vale
- pH: 3.59
- TA: 6.0 g/L
- Alc: 14.5%
2014 Red Knot McLaren Vale Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
Cherry red. Lifted aromas of freshly picked summer strawberries and red roses are given depth with nuances of chocolate earth. A bright salad of summer berries shines on the lively, medium weight palate. The luscious Grenache is complemented and structurally enhanced by the darker berry flavours and ripe tannins of the Shiraz and Mourvèdre, offering immediate appeal. Glorious in its youth, with age the wine will develop an attractive, savoury complexity.
Winemaker’s Note – serve lightly chilled in the heat of summer.
- Gold medal - 2015 Royal Sydney Wine Show, class 22
- Gold medal - 2015 Royal Queensland Wine Show, class 60
- Silver medal - 2014 Royal Hobart International Wine Show, class 20
- Bronze medal - 2014 McLaren Vale Wine Show, class 23
- 4 stars - Winestate magazine, McLaren Vale Tasting, July/August 2015